Well, I wanted to include a link to a podcast interview he did a couple of years back, I think.
It was the episode #33 of Prolific Writer Podcast with host Ryan J. Pelton.
Here's the description:
Dean Wesley Smith is a USA Today best selling author with over two hundred novels and short stories. Dean is not new to the writing game and has seen it all. In this interview, Dean unearths the myths of writing and publishing. Things like:
- Writing fast equals poor quality.
- You have to type fast to be a prolific writer.
- Selling books quickly is essential for success.
- You can’t make a living writing fiction.
- You have to write to market.
- You have to rewrite your stories.
- And much, much, more.
With humility, humor, and insights from inside the publishing world. Dean offers a ton of helpful advice for taking your writing to the next level. You can find Dean at: http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/
Here's the link: https://www.theprolificwriter.net/episode-33-dean-wesley-smith-on-the-myths-of-writing-and-publishing/